# About Stan
Software Engineer | Digerati is the most concise way I, Stanley Ndagi, choose to describe myself.
Welcome to the long version of it, below.
Navigation is on the right sidebar.
Collapse the menu on the right/ Swipe from the right, if you're on mobile)
# Who am I?
- 🇰🇪 is Kenyan (by birth) & identify as a global citizen!
- 🖥️ I mostly work from home
- ✍️ enjoys writing
- 🥾 likes the outdoors (hiking, camping)
- 🙏 is a believer of Jesus Christ (Moreopen in new window)
# What do I do?
# Personal Mantra
Invoke the builder and serve
# What does this mean?
Besides being a creative head (building stuff and tinkering) I like to believe that I go beyond self and work on impacting others.
This mantra reminds me of this identity; calling me to action!
# Building & Serving
- Software engineering - My Devstoryopen in new window.
- Teaching (wholesomely breaking barriers, real or imagined!)
- Taking up Leadership opportunities
- DIY - Do It Yourself projects
- ... the list continues (It's a lifelong journey)
TechKln communityopen in new window is a brainchild of mine.
# In the media
Speaking on Open Source while at DockerCon 2018 - by TFIRopen in new window.
Narrating a day in my life as a software engineer - by Andelaopen in new window during my days working there.
# Personal Projects
- VueDjangoopen in new window - A VueJS-Django-Webpack boilerplate
- Lifebuoyopen in new window - A Visual Studio Code extension
Find more at code.stanmd.tkopen in new window
# Written pieces
- My author page at CircleCI's blogopen in new window
- Article at Andela's blogopen in new window
- Technical tutorial at ScotchIOopen in new window
- My other pen strokes can be found on my blogopen in new window, TechKln's blogopen in new window, DeveloperISH blogopen in new window and Mediumopen in new window
# Et al - miscellaneous
I share these, chiefly, to give insight
# 'Fandom' - people and initiatives I fancy
I'm not the stan* kind of a fan (bad joke 😅) but here's my non-exhaustive list:
- Nutrition Factsopen in new window (health)
- MKBHDopen in new window (tech)
- Living Big in a Tiny Houseopen in new window (DIY & minimalism)
- Never too smallopen in new window (minimalism)
- Get Hands Dirtyopen in new window (DIY)
- Bible Projectopen in new window (Bible) - I've written more about the Bible Project hereopen in new window.
- YouVersionopen in new window (Bible & tech) - I've written more about YouVersion hereopen in new window.
- Myles Monroeopen in new window (living, leadership, and empowerment)
- Marvelopen in new window (entertainment)
- CS50open in new window (learning)
- Code.orgopen in new window (teaching)
- Oversimplifiedopen in new window (history)
- Extra Creditsopen in new window (learning)
- Two Centsopen in new window (financial literacy)
- Financial Dietopen in new window (finance)
- Business Insideropen in new window (finance)
- Science Vsopen in new window (science facts)
# All time favourites
These cut across learning, entertainment, insight and DIY
- Learning How to Learnopen in new window
- Tania Rascia's philosophy of learning in publicopen in new window
- Riding a bike backwardsopen in new window 😆
- Rain Gutter generatoropen in new window
- How Does The Earth Spin?open in new window
- Smart Home insecurityopen in new window
- Think like a coderopen in new window
- DIY 'desk PC'open in new window
- Science Vs | Circumcision: Why Are We Doing This?open in new window
It's said time and tide wait for no man. As far as planning for one's time goes, I think that new year resolutions is single most common time people zero-in on this. Yet, some forget weeks later, clouded by the day-to-day of life.
An alternative, I came across in 2018 is the OneWord365 philosophyopen in new window. It's not a new concept in any sense but I recommend it whenever I can. Basically, you prayerfully and meditatively settle on one word to guide you every year - talk of the significance of words!
# Where else can I be found?
My home in the WWW* is hereopen in new window. You can find me around the web at:
- GitHub: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- Twitter: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- LinkedIn: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- Facebook: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- Codementor: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- Bitbucket: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- GitLab: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- DevPost: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- Youtube: NdagiStanleyopen in new window
- 🎧 Jam to my playlists on Spotifyopen in new window
- 📚 Some of my reads on Goodreadsopen in new window
- ♟️ Let's play a game of chess on lichessopen in new window
tinkerer*: a person who enjoys fixing and experimenting with machines and their parts. (Referenceopen in new window).
stan*: (portmanteau of Stalker & fan) a particularly, perhaps excessively, avid fan. (Referenceopen in new window).
WWW*: World Wide Web